"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Monday 22 August 2016

Wintry day

Woke up this morning to these wintry views : 
Snow on the mountains behind Swelledam...
It's about bloody time - I've waited ALL winter for these views!  Quite a bit of snow - more than usual - has fallen in South Africa this winter, but this is the first time this winter that it has settled on "our" mountains.  Not a heavy fall, but better than nothing :)
...and snow on the mountains behind Suurbraak
The only thing a day like this calls for is...

... a mug of hot chocolate... (or if I'm honest, a few mugs of hot choccie)

 ... and the Rosie - at full burn :)

Life is good :D

14 comments:

  1. there was a twinge of cold to the air today - an i thought there must be snow somewhere.. it just wasn't close enough to us! now ive found it *chuckle*..
    stay warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie - Welcome, and thank you for leaving a comment.

      Yup - t'was cool today but I love it 😀 Feel so sorry for those who can't light a fire and keep warm.

      Whereabouts are you in SA?

      Delete
  2. Fab pictures. And the lovely Rosie. Ahhh perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sol - Lol Honestly, I don't know where we'd be without the Rosie! We are blessed 😊. T'was a perfect winters day 👍

      Delete
  3. Oh yes - cosy and snug.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mean to complain, but just as the daffodils were coming out and spring was looking and smelling well sprong ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pqsa - Your daffs shouldn't mind the cold ;)

      Me - I'm happy to delay the onset of summer as long as possible - I fear t'is going to be a long, very hot one... :|

      Delete
  5. Hot chocolate will make the spirits rise and the bad seem tolerable. It is my cure-all for our long, cold winter months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki - I LOVE the cold lol. Hot chocolate is just to warm me up from the inside ;)

      Delete
  6. Dani...I like the cold better than the heat of summer as well. I can always put on more clothes to stay warm. But in summer, there is only so much clothing I can remove before I am in danger of being arrested. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki - My logic and sentiments entirely :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so envious of your winter. We're nearing the end of summer and I'm SOOOOOO looking forward to hunkering in. I'm tired of hot weather. Your Rosie looks like the best place on earth to be!
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue - I fear the heat this summer is going to be extreme. Loving winter as I do, I'm actually ready to move to the northern hemisphere for the season... if only I could.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.