"Self-sufficiency does not mean 'going back' to the acceptance of a lower standard of living. On the contrary, it is the striving for a higher standard of living, for food that is organically grown and good, for the good life in pleasant surroundings... and for the satisfaction that comes from doing difficult and intricate jobs well and successfully." John Seymour ~ Self Sufficiency 2003

Monday 15 April 2013

Turn, turn, turn...

To everything,
(The Byrds Dec 1965)

LOL - I'm showing my age...

This song immediately sprang to mind when I spied last nights' sunset, which was a spectacular 270° one, starting in the east...
East view
... round to the north...
North view
... finishing in the west :)
West view
... and this mornings sunrise.
Sunrise - 6.48 a.m. on a wonderful crisp morning,
and all is well in our part of the world
These kind of sunrises and sunsets only happen when we are heading for a rainy spell - we live in a winter rainfall area.  Aren't the changes in season wonderful - each have their own special moments - and each are so vital in order to appreciate the others.

I hope you enjoyed sharing the past 24 hours with me :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the song, and the photo's - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garden Girl - Thanks - not easy capturing the moment with my basic Kodak camera so I was pleased they turned out OK :)

      Delete
  2. Well done to acheive the lovely colours in the sunset and sunrise with a limited camera! I can't imagine what you would do with an improved camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such incredible colors! Thank you for sharing the beauty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee Girl - God given beauty we to try to copy through painting, and have to capture through photographing - a reminder of the good to carry us through the bad :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day and removes the "loneliness' of sitting at my screen blogging supposedly to myself ;) I try and reply as quickly as possible so please forgive me if sometimes my response is delayed.